Happy Meet Us Monday, everyone! Today we will be sharing an interview with yet another beloved member of the Paddington family, Jackie McGarry.
1. Where did you grow up?
I grew up in Marshfield, Missouri.
2. What is something about you that would surprise people?
I hate chili. I dislike everything about it- the way it smells, the texture, everything.
3. What is the best meal you’ve ever had?
The first time I had sushi. I thought I would hate it, but it’s now my favorite food.
4. What is your favorite time of year?
Fall because it’s not too hot or cold, it is just cozy and the leaves are changing.
5. Where is your favorite spot in Ashland?
I’ve only been here for 2 months, but Lithia Park is my favorite. It is pretty and it is a great place to read and think.
6. What are some of your hobbies?
I love reading and talking walks and going to concerts. I’ve seen the Smashing Pumpkins and Kill Hannah (a band that is no longer together) 6 times!
7. Tell me about your favorite pet you’ve ever had.
My dog, Bowie (named after David Bowie), he passed in October. He was the best ever, he was a Boston Terrier/Pix mix.
8. Who has been the most influential person in your life?
My Grandma. She was a liberated woman- She went from a 50’s housewife to a 70’s gal. She got divorced and went to work for the first time, taught herself how to drive all on her own. She met the real love of her life later in her lifetime. She was amazing.
9. What is a mantra you like to live by?
Be kind to everyone.
10. What is your favorite thing about working at Paddington Station?
The people I work with and the people I meet and all their stories. Life here is like controlled chaos, there is always something happening here!